Wednesday 25 April 2012

Statement of Intent

Yesterday we had a PPD workshop in which we learned that we should have been keeping a much more regular PPD blog and that we must also have a statement of intent. Below is my statement from the start of the year, it is very vague and is followed by a more thorough and engaging statement of intent focusing on the rest of the second year and the summer.

At the beginning of the year I stated that I wanted to
- have fun
- make progress
- get closer to the inevitable moment at which the penny drops

I feel that I have achieved all three of the above things by enjoying the work that I am doing and producing work to a higher quality that is enjoyed by more people inside and outside of my direct area of practice. I would also say that the penny has dropped to some extent in the way that I am sure I want to work within photography, initially I had only been focusing on my own pictures and projects but throughout the live project I have also been focusing on curation and publishing and the final product of such photographs.

Statement of Intent
Throughout the rest of the second year and the summer I need to gain a wider understanding of the photography and curation industries and develop my own skills in order to make a name for myself and gain work in the future. Below is a list of things I need do in order to achieve this -

- keep working my own photographic style
- keep researching photographers, magazines, zines, collectives etc
- continue working with other people and on various projects (Holy Ghost, 5/1, etc)
- get assisting jobs with photographers
- create a portfolio

I also need to learn about
- client based work involving costs and charges
- professionalism and promotion

My portfolio must show a range of technical skill as well as polished imagery and relevant experience such as working with clients, printers, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment